Petty’s Island Rum is named after Petty’s Island, a 300 acre sliver of land wedged between Philadelphia and Camden in the Delaware River. The island may be small in size, but it has a history as exotic and full of intrigue as any Caribbean paradise – pirates, shipwrecks, fortunes lost and found, Petty’s Island has seen them all!
Petty’s Island Rum is distilled by hand from choice molasses in a traditional copper pot still for a bold, rich flavor as unique as Petty’s Island itself.
Petty’s Island Rum is rolling out slowly this summer – please be patient as we get it too you as quickly as we can make it. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to find out when and where each batch is available. When you get your hands on a bottle try it in these awesome cocktails:
Petty’s Island Camden Cream
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
2. Add 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum, 1 oz Kahlua coffee liquer, and 2 oz of half-and-half
3. Shake until the shaker is too-cold-to-hold
4. Pour entire shaker (including ice) into a glass and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint
Petty’s Pina Colada
1. In a blender: mix 1 slice pineapple (canned or fresh), 2 oz pineapple juice, 2 oz cream of coconut, 1/4 oz lime juice, dash of bitters, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2. Blend that until it’s smooth & creamy
3. Pour into a tall glass, top with 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum and give it a good stir with a straw
4. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and lime
Petty’s Island Classic Mojito
1. In a 10-12 oz glass muddle 2-3 fresh mint sprigs, 1.5 oz fresh lime juice, 0.5 oz simple syrup, and 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum
2. Add ice and top off with a splash of seltzer
3. Serve with a lime wedge and mint sprig
The No-Name Hurricane
1. Fill a 10-12 oz glass with ice
2. Add 2 dashes of Angostura bitters, 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum, and top with ginger beer
3. Squeeze 1/2 a lime into the glass and garnish with a lime wedge
Learn More About Petty’s Island: