Petty’s Island Rum is named after Petty’s Island, a 300 acre sliver of land wedged between Philadelphia and Camden in the Delaware River. The island may be small in size, but it has a history as exotic and full of intrigue as any Caribbean paradise – pirates, shipwrecks, fortunes lost and found, Petty’s Island has seen them all! In fact, way back in 1678, Petty’s Island was sold for six hundred Dutch gilders and an annual payment of 16 barrels of rum! I guess that annual payment lapsed at some point, but we’re proud to put the Petty’s Island name back into the rum trade!
Petty’s Island Rum is always distilled one batch at a time from a custom blend of molasses in a traditional copper pot still heated by a direct flame. This process results in a bold, rich white rum as unique as Petty’s Island itself. Petty’s Island Rum features a creamy mouth-feel, a delicate, slightly sweet nose, and hints of smoke and vanilla. We bottle it at 90 proof so that you can add it to your favorite cocktail without losing any of its fine rum character.
Driftwood Dream Spiced Rum won Philadelphia Magazine’s Best Local Rum for 2016!
Petty’s Island Driftwood Dream Spiced Rum is the wild child of the Petty’s Island Rum family. It begins life as our traditional, pot-distilled white rum. Then we age it on toasted applewood for a month, add all-natural cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, ginger, coffee, and allspice before finally sweetening Driftwood Dream just a tad with the same molasses we use as the base for all of our rums. At 80 proof, Driftwood Dream is a smooth, complex, sippable spiced rum unlike any other! The unique blend of spices pairs perfectly with coffee, apple cider, ginger ale, and also works just fine neat or over ice.
Petty’s Island Rye Oak Reserve Rum is the newest entry to the Petty’s Island Rum family and is the result of months of patience. It begins just like all of our rums, but is left to age gracefully for 13 to 16 months in charred, white oak barrels that were previously used to age rye whiskey. This unique aging regiment results in a smooth, amber-colored rum with traditional oak flavors of vanilla, caramel, and spice along with a distinct rye whiskey note on the finish. Great neat, over ice, or in traditional whiskey cocktails such as Manhattans and Old Fashioneds.
When you get your hands on a bottle of Petty’s Island Rum try it in these awesome cocktails:
Petty’s Island Punch (Makes 4-6 servings)
1. In a large bowl or pitcher mix:
8 oz Grapefruit Juice
8 oz Pineapple Juice
3 oz Fresh Lime Juice
6 oz Simple Syrup (1/2 water, 1/2 sugar)
4 oz Amaretto
1/2 oz Angostura Bitters
2. Fill each glass with ice and 2 oz of Petty’s Island Rum
3. Top off with punch mixture & garnish with a lime wedge and grapefruit slice
Petty’s Island Camden Cream
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
2. Add 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum, 1 oz Kahlua coffee liquer, and 2 oz of half-and-half
3. Shake until the shaker is too-cold-to-hold
4. Pour entire shaker (including ice) into a glass and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint
Petty’s Pina Colada
1. In a blender: mix 1 slice pineapple (canned or fresh), 2 oz pineapple juice, 2 oz cream of coconut, 1/4 oz lime juice, dash of bitters, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2. Blend that until it’s smooth & creamy
3. Pour into a tall glass, top with 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum and give it a good stir with a straw
4. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and lime
Petty’s Island Classic Mojito
1. In a 10-12 oz glass muddle 2-3 fresh mint sprigs, 1.5 oz fresh lime juice, 0.5 oz simple syrup, and 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum
2. Add ice and top off with a splash of seltzer
3. Serve with a lime wedge and mint sprig
The No-Name Hurricane
1. Fill a 10-12 oz glass with ice
2. Add 2 dashes of Angostura bitters, 2 oz Petty’s Island Rum, and top with ginger beer
3. Squeeze 1/2 a lime into the glass and garnish with a lime wedge
1. Fill a 10-12 oz glass with ice
2. Add 1.5 oz of Driftwood Dream spiced rum
3. Add 0.5 oz of sweet vermouth
4. Top with cola and garnish with an orange wheel.
1. Fill a shaker with ice
2. Add 3 oz Rye Oak Reserve rum
3. Add 1 oz sweet vermouth
4. Add a dash of your favorite bitters
5. Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with an orange twist
Learn More About Petty’s Island: